Embassy of the Philippines
The chancery of the Philippine Embassy in The Hague was designed by architect Jan Hendrik van Sluijters, and built between 1871 and 1872.
Purchased by the Philippine government in 1968 the three-story French eclectic-style townhouse along Laan Copes van Cattenburch has 13 rooms, a basement and a parking area in the rear.
Regarded as a representative example of a residence in the eclectic style, the property was declared a historical landmark by the city government of The Hague in May 1990 due to its historical value and was later listed as a rijksmonument on July 22, 1994.
After a little bit more than 50 years the building was renovated by CBRE. Suite Wood and Evelijn Ferwerda were approached by Ambassador Malaya and his staff to redesign the interior of the entire chancery.
Images: Space Content Studio